Superfood Smoothie Bowl
At Take Care Coaching we believe in fueling our bodies with delicious whole foods and trying to eat 2 servings of fruit and at least 3 servings of vegetables every day. Below is one of our favorite breakfast recipes. It packs 2 servings of fruit, 1 serving of veggies and has lots of lean protein and fiber! It’s vegan friendly and gluten-free as well. Enjoy!
Yield: Serves 2
Prep Time: 5 minutes
- 1¼ to 1¾ cups (300 to 420 ml) cold almond milk (or other milk of your choice)
- 2 frozen bananas, each cut into thirds
- 1 cup (130 g) frozen mixed berries, such as wild blueberries, strawberries, cherries, blackberries, and/or raspberries
- Handful of spinach/kale
- 2 tablespoons soaked goji berries (see tip below)
- 2 tablespoons raw cacao powder
- 2 tablespoons almond butter (or other nut butter of your choice)
- 1 tablespoon hemp, chia, or flax seeds
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Pinch sea salt
- Toppings such as cacao nibs, dried cherries, coconut flakes, pumpkin seeds, or dried fruit mix
1. Pour 1¼ cups (300 ml) of the almond milk into a blender and add the bananas, followed by the other ingredients.
2. Blend on high until smooth, stopping and stirring occasionally if using a regular blender, or stirring with the tamper if using a high speed blender. Depending on the size of your bananas, you might need to add another splash or 2 of milk if the smoothie is too thick.
3. Pour into bowl and sprinkle with the toppings of your choice.
Tips: To soak goji berries, place them in a small bowl and cover with water. Let sit at room temperature for 4 to 12 hours, or refrigerate for up to 5 days. If you can, use homemade almond milk. It comes out creamier!
Adapted from Craftsy.com